Recipe by *Parsley*
Easy baked chicken recipe.
Top Review by ratherbeswimmin'
I liked this! My family, not so much. I used chicken thighs, a briskly tart Granny Smith apple and real apple cider. I thought the onion, apple and herbs came together well making a pleasantly flavored sauce. I spooned the excess over rice. This one suits my palate. Thanks for posting.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs (can use breasts or a combo of parts)
- 1 cup apple cider, can use apple juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chicken bouillon powder
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon tarragon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1 apple, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease/spray a casserole.
- Arrange chicken pieces in the casserole dish.
- Place all remaining ingredients in a bowl and mix well; pour evenly over the chicken.
- Bake at 350 until chicken juices run clear; about 40-50 minutes, depending on the chicken parts you are using.