Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Easy baked chicken recipe.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs (can use breasts or a combo of parts)
- 1 cup apple cider, can use apple juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chicken bouillon powder
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon tarragon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1 apple, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease/spray a casserole.
- Arrange chicken pieces in the casserole dish.
- Place all remaining ingredients in a bowl and mix well; pour evenly over the chicken.
- Bake at 350 until chicken juices run clear; about 40-50 minutes, depending on the chicken parts you are using.
I liked this! My family, not so much. I used chicken thighs, a briskly tart Granny Smith apple and real apple cider. I thought the onion, apple and herbs came together well making a pleasantly flavored sauce. I spooned the excess over rice. This one suits my palate. Thanks for posting.
This chicken was very moist, but not very flavorful for us. I used cider thinking it would infuse more flavor and it just didn't. It was bland and the onion tasted overpowering and out of place. I probably should have used shallots. I know it is a lower fat recipe but I can't help think that the addition of a cream base or gravy or something might have helped. It was literally pieces of onion and apple just floating around in semi-flavored water. It was an easy enough recipe but would need some definite tweaking if made again. Maybe my apple was tasteless...hmm. Thanks for posting.
This was absolutely delicous. I used apple juice, fresh garlic, and shallots. My apple was a pink lady, it was PERFECT. Use a meat thermometer to 180* to cook your chicken just right! DH loved this as well, thanks Parsley! UPDATE: I just made this again and used half apple juice and half white wine. Delicious substitute!