1/5 Photos of Baked Apple Cake
Do you like baked apples? Do you like cake? Then you will love this treat. This cake will make a wonderful dessert or a different treat for an afternoon break. I use very small apples for this cake. I love the baked apples flavours in combination with a more dry texture of the cake. The cake is not overly sweet and will take up any juices from the apples. The taste of the slightly tart apples, which are still a bit firm after baking and the fluffy texture of the cake is great. The apples are stuffed with my favorite combination of marzipan, raisins and rum. If you want to make it for kids, you can sub the rum (see note on this). Hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 small apples (up to 2.5 inches in diameter, should be a more tart variety)
- 1 3/4 ounces marzipan
- 3/4 ounce raisins
- 1 tablespoon dark rum (see note)
- 1 cinnamon stick (about 3 inches long)
- 1Preheat oven (355 F, 180 C). Grease baking form (see NOTE on baking form).
- 2Mix together Marzipan, raisins and rum. Core apples and remove seeds. Stuff apples with marzipan raisins mixture. Third the cinnamon stick lengthwise. Stick the cinnamon sticks into the apples.
- 3Mix butter, caster sugar, cinnamon and salt until creamy. Add egg and mix well. Add almonds and mix well.
- 4Mix flour and baking powder and add gradually to the butter mixture and mix. Fill dough into baking form. Place apples onto the dough.
- 5Bake for about 25 minutes until cake is golden and done. Cake is done, when an inserted tooth prick comes out clean.
- 6Let cool for 5 minutes in the form, then take the cake out of the form, dust with caster sugar.
- 7Serve it warm or completely cooled.
- 8NOTE on Baking Form: I use a pound cake form (3.5 x 9.5 inches). The amount of ingredients is based on this size. You can use any other square baking form. A round baking form would also work. The dough should only cover the bottom of the baking form. It will rise during baking, but should not reach more than half of the height of the apples. If you use another sized baking form adapt the amounts of ingredients and apples to your needs. If you use a pound cake form, it is a bit tricky to get the cake out of the form. Stuff some paper towels loosely around the apples, then turn the form carefully. The paper towels will prevent that the cake will brake apart.
- 9Note on Rum: when baking for kids you can sub the rum by water and other flavourings like vanilla or cinnamon.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Apple Cake
Serving Size: 1 (725 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 454.8
- Calories from Fat 210
- Total Fat 23.4 g
- Saturated Fat 10.7 g
- Cholesterol 102.6 mg
- Sodium 433.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 30.4 g
- Protein 7.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: