This is a wonderful pudding. Great for using up those older apples. Can sprinkle a little allspice in with the sauce too, for a variation.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a saucepan, combine 1 cup brown sugar, and cornstarch, 1/4 cup butter.
- 2Stir in 1 cup water; cook over low heat until thickened.
- 3Pour mixture into a lightly buttered 10x6-inch baking dish.
- 4In a bowl, combine sifted flour, baking powder, salt, and 2/3 cup brown sugar.
- 5Blend in 1/4 cup butter and the 1/2 cup milk, stirring just until dampened.
- 6Stir in the sliced apples with 1/3 cup brown sugar.
- 7Pour apple batter over syrup in baking dish.
- 8Bake at 350° for 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Apple Butterscotch Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (229 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 834.1
- Calories from Fat 221
- Total Fat 24.6 g
- Saturated Fat 15.3 g
- Cholesterol 65.2 mg
- Sodium 741.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 152.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 113.1 g
- Protein 5.7 g