Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a wonderful pudding. Great for using up those older apples. Can sprinkle a little allspice in with the sauce too, for a variation.
- In a saucepan, combine 1 cup brown sugar, and cornstarch, 1/4 cup butter.
- Stir in 1 cup water; cook over low heat until thickened.
- Pour mixture into a lightly buttered 10x6-inch baking dish.
- In a bowl, combine sifted flour, baking powder, salt, and 2/3 cup brown sugar.
- Blend in 1/4 cup butter and the 1/2 cup milk, stirring just until dampened.
- Stir in the sliced apples with 1/3 cup brown sugar.
- Pour apple batter over syrup in baking dish.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes.