Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
Easy Recipe for Apple Butter. No real work involved, just stirring.
- 2 (16 ounce) jars applesauce
- 2 1⁄2 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Combine all ingredients in a 2-quart casserole. Stir well. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 2 1/2 hours or until thick and almost transparent, stirring occasionally. Spoon the hot apple butter into jars; cover and store in the refrigerator.
This was super easy and very good. It tasted more of an upscale applesauce rather than an apple butter, but it was still tasty. (I used chunky applesauce as that is what we had, and reduced the recipe to just 1 cup). Thanks for sharing the recipe.