Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 mins
I have been making this so long, I don't remember where I got it from. Be careful of the Almond Extract - too much will make it bitter
- 1 apple (your favorite type)
- 1⁄3 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon, ground or 1⁄4 teaspoon apple pie spice
- Cut the apple into 8 even slices, removing the core and seeds.
- Arrange the slices in a microwave safe bowl, sprinkling with 1 Tablespoon Splenda and the apple pie spice.
- Cover and cook 1 1/2 - 2 minutes on high in the microwave.
- While apple is cooking, stir the almond extract and the other tablespoon of Splenda into the cottage cheese.
- After removing apple from the microwave, spoon the cottage cheese on top of the apple. Sprinkle cinnamon on the cottage cheese.
Delicious and easy enough for kids to make. My sister and I are on a low carb diet and this is a great snack anytime during the day.
Totally yummy! I don't know what was better, the taste oor the smell of the apples in the microwave. I used the apple pie spice on the apples and it was just great. I loved the combination of it with the hint of almond extract in the cottage cheese. This dish is simple and takes snacking and cottage cheese to a whole new level of good! Thank you or sharing!
This was a great treat that I made for my mom for breakfast this morning. I wasn't sure whether it was one or two tablespoons of Splenda since you say two in the beginning and then one in the instructions. I used one and it seemed to be sweet enough. Thanks for this delicious, simple recipe! Made for Fall PAC 2008.