Recipe by Suzy-Q Cooks
I have been making this so long, I don't remember where I got it from. Be careful of the Almond Extract - too much will make it bitter
- 1 apple (your favorite type)
- 1⁄3 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon, ground or 1⁄4 teaspoon apple pie spice
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the apple into 8 even slices, removing the core and seeds.
- Arrange the slices in a microwave safe bowl, sprinkling with 1 Tablespoon Splenda and the apple pie spice.
- Cover and cook 1 1/2 - 2 minutes on high in the microwave.
- While apple is cooking, stir the almond extract and the other tablespoon of Splenda into the cottage cheese.
- After removing apple from the microwave, spoon the cottage cheese on top of the apple. Sprinkle cinnamon on the cottage cheese.