Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is a recipe I used to make years ago and forgot about until my sister wanted the recipe.....I had to go hunting for it and I am putting here for her to get and for me to rememeber to make again.
- 8 ounces spaghetti, uncooked
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and chopped
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (14 ounce) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- In a large frying pan, cook onion, garlic and ground beef until meat is browned, drain.
- Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, one cup of water, seasonings.
- Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- White meat mixture is simmering, break up spaghetti strands into three parts, Place in an ovenproof casserole dish such as a 9 X 13.
- Add the other 1/2 cup water and mix with raw spaghetti.
- Add meat mixture and combine all ingredients.
- Cover the casserole with aluminum foil and bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
- Uncover casserole, sprinkle cheddar cheese on top, and bake for an additional 10 to 15 minutes.
This is a great spaghetti casserole, good flavor and easy to put together. I made as written with a couple of minor adjustments, I only used 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning and used beef broth in place of water. Thanks for posting. *Made for My-3-Chefs fall 2009*