Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
Forget Hungarian Goulash (I always found that disappointing anyway) This makes a yummy quick to assemble pasta bake that everyone will love
- 300 g drained cooked pasta (dry weight, shells, spirals or macaroni)
- 2 (14 ounce) cansof minced beef and onions (can use lamb)
- 1 (14 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed cream of tomato soup
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (can use 2 fresh crushed cloves)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 10 teaspoons cream cheese
- 150 g grated cheese
- Set the oven to 200C/375°F.
- In a large bowl mix everything together apart from the cream cheese and grated cheese and put into an ovenproof dish.
- Dot the cream cheese, teaspoon by teaspoon evenly in and around the goulash and press down into it (it doesn't have to be too neat).
- Bake in the oven for 45 minutes to an hour sprinkling the cheese on after the first 30 minutes.
- When the cheese is melted and slightly browned it is ready.
- Comforting, satisfying and quick.