1/1 Photo of Baked American Goulash - Store Cupboard Standby Recipe
Forget Hungarian Goulash (I always found that disappointing anyway) This makes a yummy quick to assemble pasta bake that everyone will love
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 300 g drained cooked pasta (dry weight, shells, spirals or macaroni)
- 2 (14 ounce) cans of minced beef and onions (can use lamb)
- 1 (14 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed cream of tomato soup
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (can use 2 fresh crushed cloves)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 10 teaspoons cream cheese
- 150 g grated cheese
- 1Set the oven to 200C/375°F.
- 2In a large bowl mix everything together apart from the cream cheese and grated cheese and put into an ovenproof dish.
- 3Dot the cream cheese, teaspoon by teaspoon evenly in and around the goulash and press down into it (it doesn't have to be too neat).
- 4Bake in the oven for 45 minutes to an hour sprinkling the cheese on after the first 30 minutes.
- 5When the cheese is melted and slightly browned it is ready.
- 6Comforting, satisfying and quick.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked American Goulash - Store Cupboard Standby Recipe
Serving Size: 1 (329 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 433.2
- Calories from Fat 141
- Total Fat 15.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 40.1 mg
- Sodium 987.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.3 g
- Sugars 11.3 g
- Protein 14.3 g