Recipe by W ee Maci
This recipe is over 30 years old. It has one disadvantage though, when you start to eat it, you can not stop. I have made it for many years and it was loved by every one. Just make sure you have enough for seconds.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 1⁄4 cups boiling water
- 1 cup raw white rice
- 1 (8 ounce) can mushrooms (use liquid)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce (use lite sauce)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef (drain) Preheat oven to 350F Heat 1/3 cup oil in sauce pan, add next five ingredients and cook gently for 2-3 minutes until soft Pour mushroom soup and boiling water into ovenproof dish (stir together) Add all other ingredients to soup, stirring well.
- Cover dish and bake in oven for 1 hour.