Recipe by Sydney Mike
Here's a bit of a twist to the usual 'ambrosia' recipe!
Top Review by Darkhunter
As always, Syd, a winner! Always looking for recipes that use canned fruits, as my area is not well known for anything fresh! Wish I had taken a photo, because this was a very pretty dish. Served warm as a dessert, and the remaining made a delicious breakfast the next morning. Thnx so much for posting your recipe.
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can apricot halves
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can peaches, sliced
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can purple plums
- 1 orange, cut into thin slices
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon zest, minced
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup coconut, flaked
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Drain canned fruits well.
- Arrange all fruits in shallow 2-quart baking dish.
- Mix orange juice, sugar, zest & melted butter, then pour over fruit.
- Sprinkle coconut over top of fruit.
- Bake 15 minutes or until hot & coconut is toasted.
- Serve warm.