Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Here's a bit of a twist to the usual 'ambrosia' recipe!
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can apricot halves
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can peaches, sliced
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can purple plums
- 1 orange, cut into thin slices
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon zest, minced
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup coconut, flaked
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Drain canned fruits well.
- Arrange all fruits in shallow 2-quart baking dish.
- Mix orange juice, sugar, zest & melted butter, then pour over fruit.
- Sprinkle coconut over top of fruit.
- Bake 15 minutes or until hot & coconut is toasted.
- Serve warm.
As always, Syd, a winner! Always looking for recipes that use canned fruits, as my area is not well known for anything fresh! Wish I had taken a photo, because this was a very pretty dish. Served warm as a dessert, and the remaining made a delicious breakfast the next morning. Thnx so much for posting your recipe.
This is a really yummy warm dessert. Next time I make it I might add some chopped dried apricots and prunes, and let it bake longer at a lower temperature, just to get it thicker. As is, though, it is marvelous. This would be GLORIOUS served over vanilla ice cream, but I will be eating the leftovers tomorrow over my oatmeal. Thanks, Syd! Made for 1-2-3- Hits.
I made this for dessert tonite and dang I could have licked the bowl clean. The only variation I made was substituting pears for the plums. I didnt have any canned plums so I tried it with the pears and it came out great! Next time I'll try it with the correct ingredients since I really love plums. Thanks Mike for a great recipe!