Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is for mushroom lovers!
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- flour, enough to coat chicken
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 (8 ounce) package fresh white mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1⁄3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 sliced green onions
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds
- Flatten each chicken breast half to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Dredge chicken in flour.
- In skillet, brown chicken in canola oil on both sides.
- Transfer chicken to a 9 inch glass baking dish that has been sprayed with nonstick spray.
- Place mushrooms in skillet and add chicken broth, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and cook until tender.
- If liquid reduces too much, add a little water so it's nice and moist. (But liquid should not exceed 1/2 cup.)
- Spoon mushroom mixture over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375 F for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese, green onions, and almonds.
- Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and the chicken juices run clear.
- Serve with rice pilaf, if desired.