1/1 Photo of Baked Almond Chicken
Easy to make, freezes well for OAMC. We made something similar to this at Dream Dinners and have continued to make it ourselves, it was so easy! You may want to pound out very thick breasts so you get more crusty topping per bite!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Spray bottom of pan heavily with non-stick cooking spray. For best results the pan should be big enough that the breasts don't touch.
- 2Cover bottom of dish with additional bread crumbs to coat thinly.
- 3Combine bread crumbs, almonds and salt and pepper in a flat dish (i.e. pie plate).
- 4Place flour and eggs (beaten) in two separate flat dishes.
- 5Dip each chicken breast in flour, then egg, then dip into almond mixture. (Be sure its coated heavily and evenly at each step).
- 6Place into prepared pan.
- 7Sprinkle with any remaining almond mixture.
- 8Spray over top of chicken heavily with cooking spray.
- 9Bake at 400 for 12 minutes, turning chicken over, and baking additional 10 minutes (until internal temp is 165).
- 10Serve with sweet & sour sauce.
- 11Note: if freezing, follow all steps except spraying top of dish with cooking spray. Wait until thawed, then spray and bake.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Almond Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (184 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 641.0
- Calories from Fat 215
- Total Fat 23.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 174.1 mg
- Sodium 990.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.8 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 46.4 g