Recipe by jswinks
Easy to make, freezes well for OAMC. We made something similar to this at Dream Dinners and have continued to make it ourselves, it was so easy! You may want to pound out very thick breasts so you get more crusty topping per bite!
Top Review by FLKeysJen
Quick and easy...would be perfect for families with kids. For us it could use more "zing" so next time I'll play with the spices. I think the 2-3 boneless breasts is right (or 4-6 halves) because the ingredients were perfect for one (.85 lb) package of Purdue Thin Sliced Boneless Chicken Breasts.
- 1 1⁄2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced almonds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 4 -6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- sweet and sour sauce (optional)
- Spray bottom of pan heavily with non-stick cooking spray. For best results the pan should be big enough that the breasts don't touch.
- Cover bottom of dish with additional bread crumbs to coat thinly.
- Combine bread crumbs, almonds and salt and pepper in a flat dish (i.e. pie plate).
- Place flour and eggs (beaten) in two separate flat dishes.
- Dip each chicken breast in flour, then egg, then dip into almond mixture. (Be sure its coated heavily and evenly at each step).
- Place into prepared pan.
- Sprinkle with any remaining almond mixture.
- Spray over top of chicken heavily with cooking spray.
- Bake at 400 for 12 minutes, turning chicken over, and baking additional 10 minutes (until internal temp is 165).
- Serve with sweet & sour sauce.
- Note: if freezing, follow all steps except spraying top of dish with cooking spray. Wait until thawed, then spray and bake.