Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Baked Alaska Salmon Fillet with Mustard Sauce
- 6 salmon fillets (7 oz each)
- 1 1⁄2 ounces clarified butter
- 1 1⁄2 ounces vegetable oil
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 ounce butter
- 6 ounces dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 3⁄4 tablespoon stone ground mustard, ground
- 1⁄8 cup chives, chopped
- 1⁄8 cup parsley, chopped
- miniature pear tomato (to garnish)
- parsley sprig (to garnish)
- Arrange salmon fillets in baking pan, drizzle with combined butter and oil.
- Top with lemon slices.
- Bake in 400 degree Fahrenheit oven 15 minutes or until flesh is no longer translucent.
- Mustard Sauce:.
- Lightly saute shallots in butter; add wine and reduce until nearly evaporated.
- Add cream; cook and stir until thickened.
- Add mustard, chives, and parsley.
- Season to taste with salt.
- To Serve:.
- Ladle serving of sauce on serving plate; arrange lemon topped salmon on sauce.
- Garnish with pear tomatoes and parsley sprigs.
This is good...I had half the amount of pink salmon fillet called for (serves 3), so pretty much halved the rest of the ingredients, except I wasn't really measuring, just eyeballing the amounts as I added them..I didn't have the garnishes at hand either, but this recipe turned out a delicious main course that I have to make again really soon!