Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a really easy, really good people pleaser! 8)
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar, plus
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 pints premium chocolate ice cream, softened slightly
- 1⁄2 cup dry roasted salted peanut, chopped
- 2 large egg whites
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a bowl stir crumbs, butter, 2 tablespoons sugar; reserve about one-fourth of mixture.
- Press remaining onto bottom of flameproof 8-inch baking pan. Bake 12 minutes, or until golden.
- Let cool in pan on wire rack.
- In bowl, stir ice cream and peanuts; spread over the cooled crust.
- Sprinkle crumb mixture evenly on top, pressing lightly.
- Freeze ice-cream mixture, covered with foil, overnight.
- Preheat broiler.
- In metal bowl, combine egg whites and remaining 1/3 cup sugar.
- Set over a pan of simmering water. Stir just until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and with an electric mixer, beat meringue until it holds stiff glossy peaks.
- Spread over ice cream and broil under about 4 inches from heat until golden, around 30 seconds.
- Freeze dessert, uncovered, 30 minutes to harden the meringue. If desired, cover and freeze overnight.
- Cut into 4 squares then halve each square diagonally into triangles and serve!