Recipe by 826083
I created this recipe after I started a new high protien diet. I cut out many of the fats and substituted a lot, it took a few times to get it right, but once I did it was delicious and guilt free!
- 4 halibut fillets (about the size of 2 decks of cards)
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice and zest of
- 1⁄4 cup cottage cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated low-fat monterey jack cheese, set aside half of it (or any cheese you like)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and dry fillets.
- Place in a cassorle dish and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Mix all ingredients left in a bowl. Consistency should be "chunky".
- Spread on halibut, top with rest of cheese set aside and bake at 400 degrees or until white and flaky when pierced with a fork.
- Top should be bubbly and browned.