1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Member #610488's Note:
Simple and yet so complex. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 small acorn squash
- 1/2 cup cooked wild rice (boiled in 2 cups water for 30 minutes, then drained)
- 1 cup cooked long-grain rice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leave, chopped
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper, as needed
- 1/4 cup pecans, toasted finely chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup ricotta salata cheese, grated
- 1Adjust oven rack to middle position and preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2Using a sharp knife, trim away a small flat slice from the bottom of each squash so it sits flat. Then, cut off the top 1/2 inch of each squash, exposing the seeds. Use a tablespoon to scrape out seeds and fibers.
- 3Place squash on a baking sheet, season lightly with salt and pepper, and drizzle each squash with 1/2 teaspoon olive oil. Bake for 45 minutes, then remove from oven.
- 4In the meantime, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium heat until shimmering. Add the onion, garlic and thyme and cook, stirring occasionally, until onion sweats but does not brown, about 4 minutes.
- 5Add cooked wild rice and cooked white rice to the skillet and stir to combine. Add chopped pecans, dried cranberries and ricotta salata and stir to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 6Stuff each acorn squash with about 1/4 of stuffing mixture, packing stuffing into squash cavity and mounding it slightly. Drizzle each squash with 1/2 teaspoon olive oil and bake until squash is tender and stuffing browns slightly, about 40 minutes.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Acorn Squash With Wild Rice Medley
Serving Size: 1 (560 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 417.1
- Calories from Fat 141
- Total Fat 15.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 9.0 mg
- Sodium 152.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.7 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 9.1 g