Recipe by Whisper
I haven't tried this recipe yet, but I plan to since I'm always looking for new ways to try squash.
- 1 small acorn squash (1 lb)
- 2 tart apples, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup orange slice
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Halve squash, remove seeds and strings.
- Place cut side down in shallow baking pan.
- Add boiling water to a depth of one half inch.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees F for 35 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Combine remaining ingredients and spoon into squash cavities.
- Cover and bake for 15 minutes more.