This is so nice with a pork roast or beef, we have even had it with chicken. Points 1.
Make and share this Baked Acorn Squash With Apple Stuffing recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Prepare a square baking pan with cooking spray.
- Place squash cut-side down in a baking pan.
- Bake 20 minutes.
- While squash is baking, combine apples, celery, onion, margarine and 2 tablespoons water in a medium bowl; mix well.
- Turn squash cut-sides up.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Divide apple mixture to fill cavities of the squash.
- Bake stuffed squash halves, covered with foil, 30 minutes or more.
- Serve hot.
I enjoyed this dish, but I would add more butter/margarine next time to make it more moist and rich.
So happy to find a savory side using acorn squash. This was so easy to prepare with easy and accurate directions. I loved the was filling flavors worked together with the squash and seemed to make it taste that much sweeter but in a natural, supple sort of way. Added a teaspoon of dried sage, and though I thought this was a bit too much, it was the right spice for bringing the other flavors together. Thanks Dancer.