1/4 Photos of Baked Acorn Squash and Apples
1 hr 15 mins
This recipe is posted in response to a request for ways to use acorn squash. I've never tried it, but it looks excellent! I got it from Jackie Manni at The Post Punk Kitchen (a website of vegan recipes). I'm sorry the amounts aren't more specific, but this is what she posted!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Cut the acorn squash and scoop out the seeds and strings.
- 3Put a little water in a baking pan; place the halves face down and bake for 1/2 hour.
- 4Then, take it out and put the sliced apples in the middle (some will fall over the sides, it's okay); drizzle with canola oil and maple syrup, and sprinkle with pumpkin pie spice.
- 5Bake for another 1/2 hour to 40 minutes (until the apples are soft and browning).
- 6Put your acorn squash halves in individual plates; scoop up the stray apples and stray maple syrup and spoon over the squash.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Acorn Squash and Apples
Serving Size: 1 (397 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 180.8
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 8.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.6 g
- Sugars 18.9 g
- Protein 2.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: