Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
I adapted this recipe from the sticker that came on the squash when I bought it at the grocery store.
- Preheat over to 375
- Cut squash in half and scoop out seeds.
- Fill each half with 2 Tablespoons butter, 2 Tablespoons honey and sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Put 1/4 cup water in shallow baking dish. (I use a 9x9 pyrex).
- Put the squash in the dish CUT SIDE DOWN. Yes, some of the filling will slide into the water, but that's okay.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes.
- As an alternative, you can microwave the squash loosely covered for 12-15 minutes until tender.