Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
So yummy! We make his every time we can get acorn squash.
- 1 acorn squash
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a baking sheet and a baking dish.
- Halve the squash lengthwise and clean.
- Transfer the squash, cut side down, to the baking sheet, and bake the squash until it is tender, about 45 minutes.
- Don't turn off the oven.
- While the squash cooks, melt the butter, and stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Keep the mixture warm until it is needed.
- Arrange the squash, cut sides up, in the baking dish.
- Spoon the butter and seasonings equally over the sections.
- Bake the squash another 15 minutes, until it is very soft.
- Serve the squash hot.
I fixed this for dinner tonight. Yummy, yummy. I used brown sugar substitute since I can't have sugar and added a few chopped pecans and raisins as well. I'll be fixing this again. Thanks for a great recipe.
Yum, I added golden rasions and pecans. Would also be good with some apples. Just the right amt. of sugar!
Was very good although I must say the spices were just a little strong. Guess I am more of a salt, butter and pepper guy with my squash. If you like the spices it is very good. Thanks for the recipe.