Recipe by SUSIE IN MISSOURI
A simple easy dish for company. This recipe is for 1 squash, but you can multiply for the number of guests you are having. Serve 1/2 squash per person.
Top Review by Pam-I-Am
Pretty basic recipe and easy to make. My husband was in heaven, I thought it needed just a little more something for flavor..orange juice, vanilla..I'm not sure. I'll keep experimenting. Thanks.
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the squash in half and remove seeds and strings.
- Place in oven proof dish (large enough to hold all you are preparing if you are multiplying this recipe) skin side down and pour 2" water in dish.
- Bake for 40 minutes on 350°F.
- Remove and fill each cavity with the brown sugar and butter.
- Salt and Pepper.
- Return to oven for 10 minutes.