Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a favorite from when I was growing up. I'm sure you'll like this if you give it a try.
- 2 acorn squash
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Season-All salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil
- Wash squash and cut in half. Remove seeds and place cut side down into a shallow baking dish containing the water.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Turn cut side up. Put 1 tablespoons each of brown sugar and butter in each half. Sprinkle with pepper, season all, and basil. Return to oven and bake 15 minutes longer.
YUM. My mom made these growing up as well. I also make them with maple syrup and chopped pecans!!!
I love this recipe!! It was very very tasty. I added more brown sugar than what it called for but it was delish! THANKS momstar!!