This is my most requested vegetable dish every holiday. It's not as sweett as yams and it melts in your mouth. Kids love it too. It's also very attractive to serve.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Slice the acorn squash in 1 1/2 inch wide slices and lay in microwave dish.
- 2Place 1/4 cup water over squash and microwave about 5-7 minutes so it's partially done but still firm.
- 3Preheat over to 375 degrees.
- 4Now melt butter or margarine and add the orange juice and syrup.
- 5Mix well.
- 6Place par cooked squash in baking pan in a single layer.
- 7A cookie sheet works well for this.
- 8Baste with the liquid mixture and bake for 30-40 minutes.
- 9Turn squash and baste about every 15 minutes.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Acorn Squash
Serving Size: 1 (114 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 156.3
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 20.3 mg
- Sodium 68.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 0.7 g