Recipe by Dancer^
A range of cinnamon is suggested so you can adjust the spiciness to suit your family.
- 4 small acorn squash, halved, and seeds removed or 3 lbs hubbard squash, cut into 8 pieces and seeds removed
- 3⁄4 cup frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 8 slices tangerines or 8 orange slices
Directions See How It's Made
- Place squash pieces, cut side up, in a large baking pan. Cover and bake in a 350 degree oven for one hour.
- For sauce, in a small saucepan combine thawed orange juice concentrate, margarine or butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Heat until margarine is melted.
- Remove from heat. Pour sauce in squash shells and return squash to oven.
- Bake, uncovered, about 35 minutes more or until squash is tender.
- Sprinkle with almonds.
- Garnish with tangerine or orange slices.