Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 1⁄2 cup fresh Italian parsley
- 2 slices orange rind, 2 x 1/2 inch (orange part only)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 small acorn squash or 2 small butternut squash, seeded, cut into 1 inch-wide slices
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Finely chop parsley, orange peel and garlic together.
- Arrange squash in 13 x 9 x 2 inch glass baking dish.
- Drizzle oil over squash.
- Sprinkle with parsley mixture, salt and pepper.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake squash until tender, about 45 minutes.
The flavor of the garlic with the squash did not make a hit (we love garlic). Next time I will bake the squash with the orange and parsley but no garlic. Sorry Dancer this was just not our favorite