Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
from food and wine, we all enjoyed this easy dish, and leftovers were great reheated for lunch the next day.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs spaghetti
- 1⁄2 lb imported fontina, coarsely shredded (2 cups)
- 1⁄2 lb mozzarella cheese, coarsely shredded (2 cups)
- 1⁄2 lb gruyere, coarsely shredded (2 cups)
- 1⁄4 lb gorgonzola, dolce crumbled
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Lightly butter a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Cook the spaghetti in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente. Drain well and spread the spaghetti on a baking sheet; let cool.
- In a large bowl, toss the Fontina with the mozzarella and Gruyère. Spread one third of the spaghetti in the prepared baking dish in an even layer. Sprinkle 1/3 of the mixed cheeses and half of the Gorgonzola over the spaghetti and season with salt and pepper. Repeat with another layer of spaghetti, mixed cheeses, Gorgonzola and salt and pepper. Top with the remaining spaghetti and mixed cheeses.
- Bake the spaghetti in the center of the oven until the top is golden brown, about 40 minutes. Let cool slightly before cutting into squares and serving.
Excellent dish! I put spaghetti sauce on the leftovers the next day and took it to work. It was like having two seperate meals in one! Thanks!
Oh Chia this was sooooo good!!! Cheesy and tasty!! Made as is and it turned out delicious!! Wouldn't change a thing! The top had a nice cheese crust... mmmmmm!! Can't wait to have the leftovers! Thanks Chia! :)