Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Taken from America's Test Kitchen Family Cookbook
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into chunks
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- Adjust an oven rack to the middle position and heat the oven to 350 Degrees. Line an 8-inch square pan with foil then coat lightily with vegetable oil spray. Melt the butter and chocolate together in the microwave, stirring often, 1 to 3 minutes. Let the mixture cool slightly.
- Whisk the sugar, eggs, vanilla, baking powder, and salt together in a large bowl until combined. Whisk in the melted chocolate mixture until smooth. Stir in the flour until no streaks remain.
- Scrape the butter into the prepared pan and smooth the top. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with just a few crumbs attached, 22 to 27 minutes.
- Let cool completely on a wire rack to room temperature, about 2 hours, before removing the brownies from the pan using the foil and cutting into squares.