Recipe by Kim1
This is one of those soups that just seems to warm you up all over on a cold winter night.Cooking time depends on the temp of the crock pot but you can also make this on the stove.I tend to put my on low and cook it slow.
Top Review by slt
Thank you! It's one of those cold, gray, snowy days. Thought of your recipe, realized I had all the ingredients, and fixed it. We devoured it and are now going for naps! Thank you again. Sure wish I had had some sourdough bread bowls to serve this in.
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 2⁄3 cup butter or 2⁄3 cup margarine
- 2⁄3 cup flour
- 6 cups milk
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 12 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 1⁄4 cups shredded cheddar cheese (5 oz.)
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chicken base
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash (scrub) potatoes and prick several times with a fork.
- Bake in foil in a preheated 400°F oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until done.
- Let cool.
- Cut potatoes.
- Melt butter in a heavy saucepan over low heat.
- Add flour, stirring until smooth.
- Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Gradually add milk.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture is bubbly.
- Pour into Crock-Pot and add potato cubes, salt, pepper, green onions, crumbled bacon, Cheddar cheese and chicken base.
- Cook until thoroughly heated.
- Stir in sour cream. (Add extra milk if necessary, for desired thickness.)
- Garnish with additional bacon if desired.
- Makes 10 cups.