Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
- 8 baking potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 cups chopped peeled onions
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) canschopped peeled tomatoes, drained
- 1 eggplant, diced
- 1 lb green beans, trimmed and sliced
- 1 tablespoon crushed dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Scrub potatoes, dry, and prick with a fork.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes or until soft.
- Meanwhile, in a large heavy saucepan, heat oil over medium heat; add onion and garlic and sauté for 5 minutes until golden.
- Add tomatoes, eggplant, green beans, parsley, basil, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes until tomatoes and eggplant begin to break down.
- Add Parmesan and stir to melt.
- Cut an'x' into potatoes and squeeze gently to open.
- Place on serving platter or individual plates and spoon tomato mixture over potatoes.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella and serve.