Recipe by Island Girl 525
Papas Fritas from Steven Raichlen's Healthy Latin Cooking. I have made these a lot! They are so good. Soaking in the water makes the texture of these perfect and the paprika gives them good coloring. The taste fried, but they are much more healthy. I use a cookie-sheet covered in foil and sprayed with pam. The key is to flip/ stir after 10 minutes or they will stick. If your potatoes are small, use four.
Top Review by Dreamer in Ontario
As did another reviewer, I used garlic powder instead of fresh garlic. I lined my baking sheet with parchment paper and mixed the oil and seasonings with the potatoes in a bowl rather than directly in the pan. These oven fries are very good. Everyone enjoyed them. Made for Spring 2010 PAC
- 2 baking potatoes, medium
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Cut potatoes into fries.
- Place the potatoes in a medium bowl and cover with cold water. Let soak for 10 minutes. Drain well and blot dry with paper towels.
- In a nonstick roasting pan (or cookie sheet), toss together the potatoes, oil, garlic, salt, pepper, paprika and cumin.
- Bake for 25 minutes, tossing every 10 minutes, or until golden brown.