Recipe by chefbren
This is a bit different than the other cheez-it chicken recipes posted. I use mayo to keep the chicken juicy. This is a favorite of my boys, and reasonably lower in fat than fried chicken strips.
- 12 -15 slices boneless skinless chicken breasts (strips)
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise (use fat free or reduced fat if you wish, it doesn't change the flavor)
- 2 -3 cups Cheez-It crackers (I use the reduced fat)
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the cheez-its and seasonings in the food processor and process until the mixture resembles course crumbs. You could also crush with a rolling bin in a plastic bag, but doing this in the processer is faster!
- Using a spatula, spread the mayo on both sides of the chicken.
- Dip the chicken in the crumb mixture, taking care to make sure the chicken is covered completely. Shake off the excess.
- Put on a cookie sheet that has been sprayed with cooking spray or line the cookie sheet with foil and then spray, that way you won't have a mess to clean up.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.