Prep 2 hrs
Cook 20 mins
My grandmother(MAYE) use to make this for her big family.
- 1 cup water
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 bell pepper, cut in chunks
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 medium carrots, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 2 celery ribs, cut into 3/4 inch chunks
- 1 medium onion, cut into chunks
- 2 lbs lean stewing beef, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 can string bean
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, sugar, water,salt and black pepper.
- Add remaining ingredients; mix well.
- Pour into a greased baking dish.
- (13-inch x 9inch x 2 inch or 3 quart) Cover and bake at 375 deg for 1-3/4 to 2 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender.
- Serve in bowls.