Recipe by Kerfuffle-Upon-Wincle
Similar to a Southern Pecan Pie with a rich cooked filling! From a 1963 Peter Pan Peanut Butter Cook Book -- NOTE: This pie requires two (2) baking temperatures!!
- 1 unbaked 9-inch deep dish pie crust
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 3 eggs (slightly beaten)
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Blend peanut butter, vanilla, salt, melted butter, eggs, corn syrup and sugar.
- Pour mixture into unbaked pie crust.
- Bake in 450 degree oven for 10 minutes ONLY!
- Then ~~~~ REDUCE TEMPERATURE to 325 degrees!
- CONTINUE BAKING AT 325 DEGREES FOR 35 MINUTES, until filling is set.
- Rich, so cut the servings small!