1/1 Photo of Bak Ku Teh (Pork Rib Tea Soup)
1 hr 10 mins
Found online; posting for ZWT6 (Asia/Singapore).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb pork back ribs, chopped into 2-inch lengths
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- 6 cups water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 whole star anise
- 1 teaspoon whole white peppercorns
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 3 tablespoons dark soy sauce (to taste)
- soy sauce (optional)
- red chile, thinly sliced (optional)
- steamed white rice (optional)
- 1Combine the pork, garlic, and water in a large saucepan; bring to a boil and cook for 5 minutes.
- 2Skim and discard the scum from the surface. Add the cinnamon, star anise, peppercorns, sugar, salt, and soy sauce.
- 3Reduce the heat to low and simmer until the pork is tender, about 45 minutes. Discard the excess fat from the soup before serving.
- 4Serve the soup in deep bowls with 3 to 4 rib pieces per serving.
- 5Combine soy sauce and chiles to taste in small bowls as a dipping sauce for the ribs. Serve bowl of rice on the side.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bak Ku Teh (Pork Rib Tea Soup)
Serving Size: 1 (326 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 269.5
- Calories from Fat 166
- Total Fat 18.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 78.2 mg
- Sodium 2607.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 23.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: