Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This recipe is from a local restaurant called Bajio's. My husband ordered this all the time. It is super easy and really good.
- 3 lbs pork roast
- 2 quarts water
- 4 cups white onions, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 cups enchilada sauce
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups soda water
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons taco seasoning mix (one package)
- Place pork, onions, salt, sugar, and enough water to cover, in crock pot and cook until you can shred it. Alternatively, you can boil it on the stove for two hours.
- Drain and shred it.
- Mix the enchilada sauce, brown sugar, soda water, and taco seasoning together and simmer for one hour.
- Add the pork to the hot marinade.
- Use this in tacos, burritos, or on a salad.