Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is also known as coconut bread. Traditionally it's eaten for breakfast or tea. Posted for Zaar World Tour 05
- Grease loaf pans with shortening and pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix flour, baking powder,salt, coconut, sugar and the raisins together in a bowl.
- Add egg, evaporated milk, margarine and almond essence and mix together well until you have a firm dough.
- Divide dough in half and fill loaf pans.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of sugar and 1 tablespoon of hot water and brush mixture over the loaves.
- Bake in center of oven for about 1 hour or until skewer inserted into center comes out clean.
- Let cool in the pans.