Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This spice blend is from Barbados, where it is used in Chicken and/or fish dishes as a marinade. This recipe is from The Habanero Cookbook by Dave DeWitt & Nancy Gerlach.
- 2 habanero peppers, deseeded and destemed, chopped or 2 scotch bonnet peppers or 2 bonney peppers, deseeded and destemmed, chopped
- 6 green onions, including the green tops, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper (fresh preferred)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor.
- Puree to a paste, adding more oil if necessary.