Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is from the Caribbean island of Barbados. Posted for ZWT5.
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cups dry breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 4 chicken breasts, skin removed
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 6 green onions, finely chopped including tops
- 1 tablespoon of caribbean-style habanero sauce
- 3 fresh habanero peppers, finely chopped, stems and seeds removed
- Combine the green onions, chiles, garlic, lime juice, parsley or cilantro, cloves and the ground pepper.
- Cut deep slits in the chicken breast then fill in with the mixture. Secure the open end with a toothpick to keep the stuffing from falling out.
- Beat the egg then combine with the soy sauce and pepper sauce.
- Lightly dust chicken with the flour, dip in the egg mixture and roll in the bread crumbs.
- Heat the oil to 375 degrees F. and fry the chicken until its golden brown for at least 3 to 4 minutes on each side.