Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A colorful salad with mango, strawberries, and jicama. From Something Extra Grocery Circular.
Make and share this Baja Strawberry Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb strawberry, hulled and halved
- 1 large mango, peeled, pitted and cubed (firm but ripe)
- 1⁄2 cup jicama, 1/4-inch dice
- 1⁄4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons lightly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- Lightly stir together all ingredients in a medium bowl. Salad may be served immediately or covered and refrigerated for several hours.
This was awesome Both my children ate theirs without complaint and my son liked it so much, he wanted leftovers for his lunch the next day! I liked it a bunch, too. Thank you for posting!
I really like this! But I left out the brown sugar and cilantro. I think it is plenty sweet with the strawberries and mango. (My mango was *perfect* ! mmmmm....) The jicama is nice and crunchy too! Reviewed for the Aussie/NZ recipe swap.
This really is a beautifully colored salad. So easy to make, especially if you use the mango in a jar in the produce department. The red pepper and jicama gave the salad that extra "tooth" that made it so enjoyable. I made it and served it right away. I think it could have marinated just a few hours for the flavors to meld. Thnx for posting, cookiedog. Made for Spring 2008 My-3-Chefs.