Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a wonderful salad that has color, texture and loaded with taste. Although there seems to be lots of ingredients, part of it can be done in advance. Serve with some french bread, this salad is quite satisfying. I used DiB's Parmesan Peppercorn Ranch Dressing (18877) and Tisme's Mango Chutney (191312), but bottled dressing and Major's Mango Chutney would be a good substitute.
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons curry powder, divided
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 6 tablespoons peppercorn ranch dressing
- 1⁄4 cup mango chutney
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- cooking spray
- 6 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 cup watercress, trimmed
- 1 mango, peeled and sliced
- 12 grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1⁄4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup dark raisin
- 1⁄4 cup roasted soybeans, toasted
- 1 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- Combine breadcrumbs, 1/2 teaspoon curry powder, 1/2 teaspoon ginger, salt, cumin, red pepper, and allspice in a shallow dish. Combine 2 teaspoons water and egg whites. Coat chicken with flour. Dip chicken in egg white mixture, and dredge in breadcrumb mixture. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes.
- Combine 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder, 1/4 teaspoon ginger, ranch dressing, chutney, 2 tablespoons water, and 1 teaspoon oil in a food processor; process until smooth. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350. Cook chicken for 30 minutes or until cooked. Cut chicken into slices. Set aside.
- On 4 plates add some salad greens and watercress. Top with mango, tomato and feta cheese. Sprinkle with raisins and nuts. Top with chicken slices. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon black pepper; drizzle 2 tablespoons dressing over each salad.