Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is our version of the extremely popular appetizer served at Chinook's restaurant in Seattle's Fisherman's Terminal. Fast and fresh, this makes a great party dish as almost everything can be made ahead of time. It's also a great main dish on those nights when it's too hot to cook in the kitchen. So sit back, relax, pop a cold one and imagine yourself on the beaches of Baja. This is one appetizer that let's you enjoy your own fiesta.
- In a large bowl, stir together ketchup, lime juice and hot pepper sauce.
- Add shrimp, tomato, onion and cilantro. Toss gently to coat.
- Cover and chill for 2 to 4 hours.
- Just before serving, add avacados and toss to coat. Garnish with lime wedges.
- Note: To make individual servings, run a lime wedge around rims of 4 cocktail glasses.
- Dip rims in Old Bay seasoning and add shrimp cocktail. Garnish with cilantro.