Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
So good on tilapia, mahi mahi, fish tacos, black beans, grilled shrimp or even as the sauce for cabbage slaw.
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream or 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Mexican seasoning (many recipes on food.com)
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Combine all ingredients; stir well. Best to let it meld flavors for an hour or so before using.
Superb on a fish taco! Transforms even a fish stick taco to new hights.
I looked at several recipes before I decided on this one. It was oh so perfect on our mahi-mahi tacos! I even took some to a friends when we had smoked pork tacos and it was just as good. It has a great flavor and can go with so many things!!