Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Quick, tasty and low-cal! Another of my successful "inventions."
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 2 tablespoons low-fat cream cheese
- 1⁄2 avocado (sliced)
- 1 teaspoon taco sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 pinch salt
- Spread cream cheese on both pieces of bread.
- Put avocado on top of cream cheese on one piece of bread.
- Squeeze lemon over avocado, sprinkle salt, and then drizzle with taco sauce.
- Put other piece of bread on top (cream cheese side down of course).
- Optional: Make a bunch, cut into squares or other shapes and serve as finger sandwiches.
- Fun for Cinco de Mayo!
This sandwich was "okay", but I'm not sure I would have it again. I'm not sure how low-cal this sandwich really is according to the calorie marks in the nutrition facts, especially considering that the cream cheese & taco sauce arent even included. The flavors of the sandwich ingredients didnt really go with the plain wheat bread in my humble opinion. I think I would have preferred this in some sort of salad arrangement rather than on wheat bread, or maybe I would just have preferred it on some other kind of bread. Maybe if Id toasted my bread I may have enjoyed it more than if I just did it as stated. I also think that it might be better to mix the taco sauce into the cream cheese, instead of just drizzling it over. Overall it wasnt bad, but I just feel like it was missing something. Thanks for the idea though. I will play around with this in the future to suit my tastes.