Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
An easy, non-traditional version of red beans and rice. Good served with sour cream.
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 (16 ounce) cans red kidney beans, drained
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans beef broth
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce (preferrably Frank's Red Hot or Crystal)
- 3 tablespoons dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano leaves
- hot cooked rice
- Combine all ingredients except rice in a large pot. Heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer 30 minutes.
- Remove 2 cups of soup mixture. Place in a blender and blend until smooth. Return to pot.
- Heat through.
- Serve over rice.