Recipe by Punky Julster
This is a zesty potato salad that is a nice change of pace. It is great with a grilled steak! Recipe can be doubled and the seasonings can be adjusted to your taste.
Top Review by rosslare
Absolutely phenomenal salad! Jalapeño, cilantro and cream cheese. I did add a little cumin, as well. I am trying to eat less carbs and have figured that I can successfully sub potatoes in salads with boiled eggs and did so here as well. 10 boiled eggs worked just perfect. I have no doubts this is just as good with the taters.
- 5 large potatoes
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1⁄2 onion, diced
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 4 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) package low-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 (4 ounce) can jalapenos (finely diced and more or less to your taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and dice potatoes into cubes, boil until fork tender.
- Mix together potatoes, celery, onion, green chilies, and cilantro.
- Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix cream cheese with jalapeños.
- Fold cream cheese mixture into the potato mixture.
- Add salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Chill before serving.