This is a zesty potato salad that is a nice change of pace. It is great with a grilled steak! Recipe can be doubled and the seasonings can be adjusted to your taste.
- 5 large potatoes
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1⁄2 onion, diced
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 4 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) package low-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 (4 ounce) can jalapenos (finely diced and more or less to your taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Peel and dice potatoes into cubes, boil until fork tender.
- Mix together potatoes, celery, onion, green chilies, and cilantro.
- Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix cream cheese with jalapeños.
- Fold cream cheese mixture into the potato mixture.
- Add salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Chill before serving.
It may look like ordinary potato salad, but once you taste it, you'll love the difference. It has a cool creamy texture from the cream cheese that balances out the "kick" from the jalepenos. I'm glad that I tried this and I'll make this again. Thanx!
A very unusual potato salad but so very tasty!I always used yogurt or mayo for a potato salad but cream cheese was fantastic. And the jalapeno gave a nice aroma and made it so spicy. I made half of it because it was two of us but I was sorry that i didn't made the whole amount! Thanks so much for posting it. I will make it again and again in the future.