1/1 Photo of Baja Fried Fish Tacos, a San Diego Surfers Delight!
WOW! Do we love these fish tacos, and there are so many variations. This is one of my favorites and most authentic. Or, Think fresh grilled mahi-mahi slipped inside a thick warm corn tortilla and topped with thinly sliced cabbage, drizzled with lime juice and a splash of creme fresh. YUMMY!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a bowl, whisk beer, flour and salt, blending well.
- 2Rinse fish and pat dry.
- 3Cut into six oblong pieces.
- 4In a deep skillet, heat about one inch of oil to 360°F
- 5Coat fish pieces in beer batter and drain briefly.
- 6Slide coated fish into oil.
- 7Turn when golden about one ot two minutes. Cook another one or two minutes on the other side and remove from oil with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- 8Mix mayonnaise with a little water to thin, and add the mined garlic.
- 9To assemble the taco, add one piece of fish to each soft corn tortilla. Give the fish a squeeze of lime juice. Top with shredded cabbage, salsa and dressing.
Browse Our Top Whitefish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baja Fried Fish Tacos, a San Diego Surfers Delight!
Serving Size: 1 (195 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 296.3
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 55.8 mg
- Sodium 404.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 18.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: