Recipe by looneytunesfan
WOW! Do we love these fish tacos, and there are so many variations. This is one of my favorites and most authentic. Or, Think fresh grilled mahi-mahi slipped inside a thick warm corn tortilla and topped with thinly sliced cabbage, drizzled with lime juice and a splash of creme fresh. YUMMY!
Top Review by Besony
Very good! I'm not handy with anything fried, but these came out rather well! I substituted sour cream in place of the mayo, and added a chopped up chipotle in adobo for added heat and some lime juice as well for a citrus tang. The whole family enjoyed! Thanks :)
- 1 cup dark beer
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb boned and skinned white fish fillet
- vegetable oil, for frying fish
- 6 warm corn tortillas
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- lime wedge
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, whisk beer, flour and salt, blending well.
- Rinse fish and pat dry.
- Cut into six oblong pieces.
- In a deep skillet, heat about one inch of oil to 360°F
- Coat fish pieces in beer batter and drain briefly.
- Slide coated fish into oil.
- Turn when golden about one ot two minutes. Cook another one or two minutes on the other side and remove from oil with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- Mix mayonnaise with a little water to thin, and add the mined garlic.
- To assemble the taco, add one piece of fish to each soft corn tortilla. Give the fish a squeeze of lime juice. Top with shredded cabbage, salsa and dressing.