Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
WOW! Do we love these fish tacos, and there are so many variations. This is one of my favorites and most authentic. Or, Think fresh grilled mahi-mahi slipped inside a thick warm corn tortilla and topped with thinly sliced cabbage, drizzled with lime juice and a splash of creme fresh. YUMMY!
- 1 cup dark beer
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb boned and skinned white fish fillet
- vegetable oil, for frying fish
- 6 warm corn tortillas
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- lime wedge
- In a bowl, whisk beer, flour and salt, blending well.
- Rinse fish and pat dry.
- Cut into six oblong pieces.
- In a deep skillet, heat about one inch of oil to 360°F
- Coat fish pieces in beer batter and drain briefly.
- Slide coated fish into oil.
- Turn when golden about one ot two minutes. Cook another one or two minutes on the other side and remove from oil with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- Mix mayonnaise with a little water to thin, and add the mined garlic.
- To assemble the taco, add one piece of fish to each soft corn tortilla. Give the fish a squeeze of lime juice. Top with shredded cabbage, salsa and dressing.
Very good! I'm not handy with anything fried, but these came out rather well! I substituted sour cream in place of the mayo, and added a chopped up chipotle in adobo for added heat and some lime juice as well for a citrus tang. The whole family enjoyed! Thanks :)
Super easy and excellent!! We only made the fish part of this recipe and served it with Missy Wrights Cabbage Salsa Cabbage Salsa , sour cream and flour tortillas. I think this recipe would work well for fish and chips as well. Thank you for sharing this keeper!!!!!
Very good... I just started to teach my self how to cook, and this happened to be my 3rd recipe i tried. I messed some of it up, but it still came out pretty tasty.