WOW! Do we love these fish tacos, and there are so many variations. This is one of my favorites and most authentic. Or, Think fresh grilled mahi-mahi slipped inside a thick warm corn tortilla and topped with thinly sliced cabbage, drizzled with lime juice and a splash of creme fresh. YUMMY!
- In a bowl, whisk beer, flour and salt, blending well.
- Rinse fish and pat dry.
- Cut into six oblong pieces.
- In a deep skillet, heat about one inch of oil to 360°F
- Coat fish pieces in beer batter and drain briefly.
- Slide coated fish into oil.
- Turn when golden about one ot two minutes. Cook another one or two minutes on the other side and remove from oil with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- Mix mayonnaise with a little water to thin, and add the mined garlic.
- To assemble the taco, add one piece of fish to each soft corn tortilla. Give the fish a squeeze of lime juice. Top with shredded cabbage, salsa and dressing.