Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
perfet fish taco recipe. it is a CDKitchen recipe
Make and share this Baja Fish Tacos With Chipotle Cream recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 lb fresh red snapper fillet, cut into 3 x 1 inch strips
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons crushed dried oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried cumin powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- canola oil (for frying)
- eight seven inch corn or flour tortilla, wrapped in foil in 250 degree oven
- 2 cups green cabbage, shredded
- quartered lime
- chipotle salsa
- sliced avocado
- chipotle cream
- 1⁄2 cup reduced- fat sour cream
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo, minced
- 1⁄2 lime, juice of
- 1 dash sugar
- Toss the snapper pieces in the fresh lime juice and marinate for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, combine the flour, cornmeal, chili powder, oregano, cumin and salt in large shallow bowl. Heat the oil to a depth of 1/2-inch in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat until a small amount of flour sizzles when flicked into the pan. Dredge the fish in flour mixture and fry in batches until golden and cooked through, about 7 to 10 minutes per batch. Drain on paper towels and keep warm in oven until ready to serve.
- To serve, place two tortillas on each plate and divide the fish evenly down the middle fo each. Top with cabbage and drizzle with Chipotle Cream. Pass limes, salsa and avocado at the table.
- Chipotle Cream Stir all ingredients together in a bowl and add salt to taste. Let stand at least 10 minutes to let flavors blend. (May be made up to 1 day ahead. Refrigerate until ready to serve.).