I couldn't find a recipe on here for this, so went out and found one myself, these are great. I was a little put off by them at first, I mean... Fish Tacos, but they are great.
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup Mexican crema
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 cup dark beer (Bohemia)
- 2 lbs mahi mahi, filet cut into 1 inch wide strips
- 1 lime
- 12 soft corn tortillas
- vegetable oil (enough to fry fish)
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 large tomatoes (peeled and chopped)
- lime wedge
- Mix first four ingredients together to make sauce, place in refrigerator.
- Whisk flour, salt, pepper and cumin together in a mixing bowl.
- Slowly pour in beer while whisking until a smooth batter is formed.
- Allow this to stand about 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle fish strips with salt and pepper then squeeze lime juice over each strip.
- Allow this to stand 15 minutes.
- Heat oven to 200 F, wrap tortillas in aluminum foil and place in oven.
- Heat oil (about an inch deep) in large skillet over medium heat.
- Place fish in batter and thoroughly coat.
- Fry fish in oil until golden, (about 5 minutes).
- Place fish on baking sheet lined with paper towel and put in oven until all the fish is fried.
- Fill each tortilla with a couple fish strips, top with sauce, cabbage, and tomato.
- Serve with a wedge of lime and I like to put some Tapatio on the taco.