1/1 Photo of Baja Fish Tacos
Kevin Young's Note:
I couldn't find a recipe on here for this, so went out and found one myself, these are great. I was a little put off by them at first, I mean... Fish Tacos, but they are great.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup Mexican crema
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 cup dark beer (Bohemia)
- 2 lbs mahi mahi, filet cut into 1 inch wide strips
- 1 lime
- 12 soft corn tortillas
- vegetable oil (enough to fry fish)
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 large tomatoes (peeled and chopped)
- lime wedge
- 1Mix first four ingredients together to make sauce, place in refrigerator.
- 2Whisk flour, salt, pepper and cumin together in a mixing bowl.
- 3Slowly pour in beer while whisking until a smooth batter is formed.
- 4Allow this to stand about 15 minutes.
- 5Sprinkle fish strips with salt and pepper then squeeze lime juice over each strip.
- 6Allow this to stand 15 minutes.
- 7Heat oven to 200 F, wrap tortillas in aluminum foil and place in oven.
- 8Heat oil (about an inch deep) in large skillet over medium heat.
- 9Place fish in batter and thoroughly coat.
- 10Fry fish in oil until golden, (about 5 minutes).
- 11Place fish on baking sheet lined with paper towel and put in oven until all the fish is fried.
- 12Fill each tortilla with a couple fish strips, top with sauce, cabbage, and tomato.
- 13Serve with a wedge of lime and I like to put some Tapatio on the taco.
Browse Our Top Mahi Mahi Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baja Fish Tacos
Serving Size: 1 (2323 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 197.5
- Calories from Fat 27
- Total Fat 3.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 56.4 mg
- Sodium 366.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 17.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: