1/3 Photos of Baja Fish Tacos
Culinary School Dropout's Note:
A Delicious "Street Taco" Bursting with Flavor and Color
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb mahi mahi fillet
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 12 fresh white corn tortillas
- 1 serrano pepper, sliced
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 vine ripe tomato, chopped
- 1/8 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- fresh cracked pepper
- 1 lime
- 1Combine Flour, Chili Powder,Salt & Pepper in Medium Mixing Bowl.
- 2Wash Fish thoroughly under cold water.
- 3Slice Filet to 1/2" x 5" Strips.
- 4Dip Fish Strips into Beaten Egg.
- 5Coat with Flour Mixture.
- 6Dip into Egg Once Again.
- 7Coat with Second Covering of Flour Mixture.
- 8Place Breaded Fillets on Wax Paper Lined Plate.
- 9In a small mixing bowl, combine Tomato, Onion, Cilantro, Olive Oil, Fresh Cracked Pepper, Salt and Lime Juice to make Salsa Fresca - Refrigerate.
- 10In another small mixing bowl, combine Cabbage, Mayonnaise, Cracked Pepper, Salt to make a Cabbage Slaw - Refrigerate.
- 11In a Large Frying Pan, bring Vegetable Oil to 400 Degrees.
- 12Fry Breaded Fillets until Cooked.
- 13Place Cooked Fillets into Steamed Fresh Corn Tortillas.
- 14Top with Cabbage Slaw and Salsa Fresca and Serrano Pepper Slices (to taste).
- 15Serve Immediately.
Browse Our Top Mahi Mahi Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baja Fish Tacos
Serving Size: 1 (255 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 638.8
- Calories from Fat 402
- Total Fat 44.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 119.0 mg
- Sodium 573.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 21.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: