A Delicious "Street Taco" Bursting with Flavor and Color
Make and share this Baja Fish Tacos recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb mahi mahi fillet
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 12 fresh white corn tortillas
- 1 serrano pepper, sliced
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 vine ripe tomato, chopped
- 1⁄8 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- fresh cracked pepper
- 1 lime
- Combine Flour, Chili Powder,Salt & Pepper in Medium Mixing Bowl.
- Wash Fish thoroughly under cold water.
- Slice Filet to 1/2" x 5" Strips.
- Dip Fish Strips into Beaten Egg.
- Coat with Flour Mixture.
- Dip into Egg Once Again.
- Coat with Second Covering of Flour Mixture.
- Place Breaded Fillets on Wax Paper Lined Plate.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine Tomato, Onion, Cilantro, Olive Oil, Fresh Cracked Pepper, Salt and Lime Juice to make Salsa Fresca - Refrigerate.
- In another small mixing bowl, combine Cabbage, Mayonnaise, Cracked Pepper, Salt to make a Cabbage Slaw - Refrigerate.
- In a Large Frying Pan, bring Vegetable Oil to 400 Degrees.
- Fry Breaded Fillets until Cooked.
- Place Cooked Fillets into Steamed Fresh Corn Tortillas.
- Top with Cabbage Slaw and Salsa Fresca and Serrano Pepper Slices (to taste).
- Serve Immediately.