Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
I HATE FISH & I LOVE these tacos!! The fish is pan fried, not batter fried. We found the recipe on another site, it is originally an Ortega Taco Shell recipe. The fish has taco seasoning mix on it and makes for a zesty taco. These are really good!
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix, divided
- 1 lb halibut, cut in to 1-inch pieces (or other white fish)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 12 taco shells, warmed
- shredded cabbage
- chopped tomato
- lime juice
- taco sauce
- Combine sour cream, mayo, cilantro and 2 tablespoons of the seasoning mix in a small bowl.
- Combine fish (I used Halibut, the recipe actually calls for Cod), vegetable oil, lemon juice and remaining seasoning mix in medium bowl.
- Pour fish mixture into large skillet.
- Cook, stirring constantly, over medium-high heat for 4 to 5 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Fill taco shells with fish mixture.
- Top with cabbage, tomato, sour cream mixture, lime juice and taco sauce!
- Yum Yum ! (I used warm corn tortillas, use 2 for each taco so they dont tear).
A family favorite. My MIL who doesn't like cilantro even liked this recipe. To make it more healthy we use 1 cup greek yogurt and omit the sour cream/mayonnaise. We like to switch it up and use black beans, avocado slices, and any other thing someone may like on a beef taco. :D I have used catfish, halibut, mahji, etc.